Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blogging Trifecta: Update, Tip, and New Way to Connect

tri·fect·a/trīˈfektə/

Noun:

  1. A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order.
  2. A run of three wins or grand events.

Hi friends! In case you’re wondering, yes, I absolutely looked that up. I mean, I knew the general concept (three things) but I also knew the actual meaning nuances were escaping me :) Anyway, on to the trifecta. (As you can see, I’ll still continue to use the word incorrectly.)

First, Newcomb Home has a shiny new look!


NewcombHomeFB-Button-1
A friend introduced me to her graphic designer friend, Martha. She designed my new header and button and is really great to work with! She made a header for my friend Rachel’s

 

brilliant blog too. Martha’s great at blog designs that look professional and clean without losing the blogger’s personal touches. If you are interested in a new blog design, email me and I’ll get you in touch with her.

Martha and I made some other little changes around here. If you’re reading this in your email or a reader, head over to check it out!

Next up, a blogging tip. A fun, easy, FREE way to get a background in whatever color you want.



Go to the Pattern Cooler website. It’ll look like this.

image
Click on where it says “The NEW Seamless Pattern Background Editor!” or scroll down to see big swatches of the designs. Once you find a design you like, you’re able to click on it and customize the colors for your blog. It’ll then let you save an image file to use as your background. Brilliant! That is how I got the nice hexagon pattern on my blog.

And last but not least, a New Feature! As I’m sure you know, Google Friend Connect will no long work on word press blogs starting… soon? last week? I’m not sure. But soon. Anyway, I know a lot of blog readers and writers are switching over to Linky Followers.

I’m still planning to keep GFC on the blog since Newcomb Home is on blogger. But now you have another option! Linky Followers. Click on the :: Follow Me :: below or in the side bar. I’d love to be your linky follower friend!



Just a reminder, there are many other ways to keep up with us crazy kids over at Newcomb Home. You can subscribe via email or RSS, be our Facebook Friend, or follow us on Twitter. I promise not to talk about my cats too much :)

And that’s it! The blogging trifecta.

Did you switch to Linky Followers? Did you try out Pattern Cooler? Do you want a new blog look by Martha? Let me know!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I did sign up for Linky follower, but having trouble getting how it really works. So I took it off the sidebar. Want to write a great tutorial? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog tip! I've been thinking I might add something subtle to the background of my blog, but not sure what. I think I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the redesign! It looks super snazzy around here.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP