Friday, January 20, 2012

A Little R&R (&R) in Puerto Vallarta

400798_10100127953507138_19702484_42890260_530125611_n 
That third R is for delicious rum drinks we had all. day. long. Oh, the beauty of an all-inclusive resort! The place served these drinks called Banana Mamas, with rum and other goodness (and real bananas so I pretended they were healthy). Delish!

Anyway, I’m a little behind on house projects, and I’m partly blaming the vaca (yes, I know we got back two weeks ago). While I’m spending the weekend working on some updates to share with you guys, I wanted to show you a few pics of a place we’d probably all rather be this weekend :)

Disclaimer: A lot of the more beautiful photos were taken by my travel buddy/sister-in-law Amy. Amy’s super creative. I’m working on convincing her to blog about some of her crafty projects here. Cross your fingers!

396005_10100127958666798_19702484_42890316_1175743553_n 
We took a day trip to an area called Las Caletas. Lots to do there including snorkeling, kayaking, and torturing the animals. (Not really, don’t worry – I say that because my child husband stuck his finger in the monkey’s cage and it bit him. Hard. Amy and I haven’t laughed that much in a long time.)

mexicoforblog-3mexicoforblog

mexicoforblog-4 
Don’t worry, I do realize I’m exposing my nerdiness in that deflated life vest.

mexicoforblog-1 On the way back to our resort we saw some humpback whales snacking on a tornado of anchovies. Amazing!

mexicoforblog-2 DSCN1962 IMG_3741


We enjoyed seeing a little of the town,  a gorgeous church, and beautiful sunsets.

mexicoforblog-6


But we spent most of the time relaxing by the beach and playing in the waves (I didn’t quite have the technique down).

mexicoforblog-5 
We ended the vacation by ringing in the new year together, at our resort. What a great way to end the holiday season. Counting my lucky stars now :)


Sharing at Serenity Now’s Weekend Bloggy Reading.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That looks like an AMAZING vacation! I would be having trouble getting back to reality too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, continue to build me up a little bit more and I'll blog for you :)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP