Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Last weekend Matt and I joined my sister and parents in a hunt for the perfect Christmas trees.

Actually, the Christmas trees were more of an excuse to visit this guy.

IMG_3400

 


Plus all of his animal friends. Our family went to a Christmas tree farm on the outskirts of the Portland suburbs in order to visit some cute animals.

tree2011


The baby alpacas are so cute! We loved them. We also got to visit a cute set of friends – a sheep and a cow (damn! I don’t remember what type of cow it is but I think he’s Norwegian).

IMG_3410


IMG_3408


On our walk to the tree lot, we got to say hi to these gals. Matt and I don’t think we’ve ever seen a camel in person before!

IMG_3403


Don’t worry – we did remember to get a Christmas tree. We decided to put it in the TV room so it was visible as you walked in the house (and let’s face it, Matt and I spend a lot of evenings in front of the tube).

We had Spanish coffees, turned on the Christmas music, and decorated the tree. Diego helped.

IMG_3414


I love our tree! We throw all decor rules out the window and just use colorful lights and ornaments that have been given to us, ‘borrowed’ from our parents, or picked up along our travels.

IMG_3416 
I got that tree skirt at the dollar store. For a buck, its perfect :)

Here’s the cats view. They sit under the tree a lot. I think they’re pretending they are outside, but with a heater :)

IMG_3423 
Have you decorated your tree? Do you have a decor theme? Use sentimental ornaments?

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. i am SO JEALOUS!!! i love alpacas and that cow is SO CUTE. i hope you got a few pets in. that first alpaca photo reminds me of my chow chow after she drinks water-- her face drips for a solid 10 minutes.

    the last time i went to a tree farm, it was right after a blizzard in massachusetts. everyone in my family slid around in the snow & got hurt-- never again! but if we could go to one where there's no snow (like you got to) that would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I ever tell you that my uncle owns a camel named Mona. If you go up to San Juan Island you can take an island tour and one of the stops on it is to see Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those animals are so cute and your tree looks wonderful! Something great about a real live tree :)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP