Monday, September 12, 2011

Little Miss Yellow growin’ strong

What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?

Pumpkin pi!

Just a totally cool, not-at-all nerdy Fall / Math joke. 

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I was trying to come up with a good plant pun for the title of this post. I even resorted to googling ‘plant puns’, but that pumpkin joke is the best I’ve got.

Anyway. I had one of those weekends where I felt super busy and started a bunch of projects, but finished none of them.

I bought a few cool pumpkins from a local pumpkin patch for Fall decor.

We started fixing a mistake on the tile floor in the bathroom. I haven’t shown you this yet. Did you really think we tiled the floor without making a mistake? :) I’ll share what we did wrong and how we fixed it later this week.

I also started making some book page pumpkins with dollar store supplies.

mod-podge-book-page

We also did a little yard work and I spray painted a bit :)

But I’m waiting to actually finish something (and get some fun ‘after’ pics), so those projects will have to wait.

I do have some good news with little Miss Yellow plant.

revive-plants

She’s growing! A couple months ago I shared my Operation Rescue to try and revive her and a runner bean plant. The bean plant… um, isn’t doing so well.

But Miss Yellow, she’s a fighter. Look at the progress she’s made the last two months.

deadplants-2

I’ll keep posting update pics on Facebook, but I wanted to show her off. Look at those leaves standing tall!

IMG_2855

The bigger pot and regular water must be working. So simple. Why do I kill so many plants?

I can’t wait for her to have her yellow flowers back.

DSCN1027

Hopefully by next spring she’ll be good as new. In the meantime, I vow to keep remembering to water her!

Have you ever brought a plant back from the dead? What’s your secret?

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty yellow flower!

    Yes, I've brought plants back from the apparent brink of death... my secret... watering. If I forget to water they die... DUH, Stef! Wake up! Water is essential! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple of kalanchoe plants back when I got my house... before Puff The Cat came to live with me of course. My problem was always watering them too much. They are succulents (like cacti) and I tend to get a little overzealous with the watering pot and then they rot. Don't do that to Ms. Yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh also.... Dallas and I were at co-worker's house over the weekend and they had a book page zebra head on their wall. You could make me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those book page pumpkins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh your book page pumpkins are awesome. I want in on that action. Maybe a tutorial is on the agenda Saturday!?!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP